How to make Paneer Cheese
- Bring 1 gallon of milk to a boil over medium heat. Stir non-stop to prevent scorching on the bottom.
- Let the milk rest and cool 1-2 minutes. Stop the stirring motion with your spoon.
- Pour 1/2 cup of vinegar or 1 cup of lemon juice into the milk. Stir gently 1-2 times. Do not over stir. The curds are sensitive and will break apart if handled roughly.
- Watch the curds separate from the whey for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the curds through a colander and cheese cloth.
- Add spices and/or salt.
- Allow to drain overnight if you prefer a firmer cheese.
- This cheese can be sliced fresh and fried before eating, or frozen for later.